As Nietzsche was quoted many times in Man’s Search for Meaning (Al and I discussed this on the Brothers on Books Podcast, be on the lookout for this episode), “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” Find your meaning, and the rest will take care of itself. Now that my exams are done I have an angst about me and I don’t like it. I hope I can find something, workwise that is, that gets me motivated again.
No Bitcoin were harmed in the making of this post… But Bitcoin were bought. And since I’ve been back in Michigan I’ve ramped up looking for more real estate. I placed an offer for a duplex a few days ago but the sellers went with another offer. My new job is starting to take up more of my time and I think I need to make some moves so time doesn’t pass me by. I also started selling calls again, this time on Ford (F). Let’s not let life happen to us, let’s put our print on life and find our meaning. And while everyone is thinking about their meaning let’s look at some finances.
10-day BS Refresh
The Opening NW in the 3/31/2021 column is the closing NW from the 3/20/2021 column. The green numbers represent estimated changes to my net worth in those categories (green numbers in 3/31 column are the changes that I estimated on 3/20). The white “Gain from” rows show how the actual numbers turned out compared to my original estimates, ten days prior. The capital appreciation on the houses has been quite exceptional and continues, for lack of a better term, to “ball out”.
Ideas for increasing NW/Learning
- Look for promotions for my books. Examples would be doing some book drawings. Looking to possibly link up with a tutoring company.
- Finish my actuarial module so I can get my FSA, deadline is April 9th (will be a 7k increase in salary once I get my FSA)
- Revisit Tax Liens
- Learn about Salesforce
- Start analyzing how affiliate programs really work
- Instead of relying solely on Amazon to sell my book I’m thinking to sell the books on my website as well. Should I just control the book sales in the same corporation as my real estate in Michigan?
- I thank you for reading the post and if you liked it I hope you’ll subscribe to my email list. If you think someone may benefit from its information please pass it along. I want to help people and like interacting with people attacking this goal.
- If there are any topics you’d like me to research and report back on please let me know!
- If you want the excel workbook that I use to help me track just message me at email@example.com. I’m also happy to go through any calculations.
- Make Better Bets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0893K72LZ?pf_rd_r=34RMC5D4WCM4606VD3PE&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee
- 15 Weeks to Pass an Actuarial Exam: https://www.amazon.com/15-Weeks-Pass-Actuarial-Exam/dp/1734895632/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=jack+allweil&qid=1601417120&sr=8-2
- Journal: (Tape Name Here)’s Journal for (Tape Year Here): Reflect Towards an Intentional Life: Allweil, Jack: 9781734895643: Amazon.com: Books
- The podcast below you can find on Apple and Google Podcasts right now. We just uploaded our fifth episode, Economics in One Lesson.