After eleven years, yesterday, I submitted my final module to attain my Fellowship of the Society of Actuaries (FSA). I’m starting to think what’s the next crazy thing that I’ll think to do… I’ve been watching a lot of Naked and Afraid the last few weeks. I’ve never really been a “survivalist” per se but I’m thinking of practicing for it. These exams have made me feel more comfortable in my ability to make a plan and learn things, and the training for the half marathon made me question what my body was capable of withstanding. Whether these would be labeled intentional/voluntary suffering is up for debate but I am starting to think what should be next. I honestly think these crazy endeavors have indirectly contributed to me making moves to get my balance sheet healthier and that is worth something, right? And with that we’ll get to the numbers!
10-day BS Refresh
This ten day span was definitely driven by the houses appreciating. Bonkers, bruh! I’m honestly confused and will jot some notes in the next post.
The Opening NW in the 4/10/2021 column is the closing NW from the 3/31/2021 column. The green numbers represent estimated changes to my net worth in those categories (green numbers in 4/10 column are the changes that I estimated on 3/31). The white “Gain from” rows show how the actual numbers turned out compared to my original estimates, ten days prior.
My tax team said I need to redo my 2019 corporate taxes and I paid them their remaining money for 2020 work so that was a quick $2,000ish dollars and some JERK smashed my right headlight which was another $600… How rude.
Now that I’m looking at my crystal ball predictions I don’t even know why I have Zestimates going down, I think I just don’t want to get ahead of myself and think these will keep going up indefinitely.
- Got Brothers on Books on YouTube (link below) and have learned a lot editing the audio files
- Uploaded my final module for my Fellowship of the Society of Actuaries (FSA). Once I get my FSA I’ll get a 7k raise at work!
- I have been inquiring on a lot of rental properties. I made an offer two weeks ago but they went with a higher offer. I’m scheduled to look at an 11-unit apartment complex today.
Ideas for increasing NW/Learning
- Look for promotions for my books. Examples would be doing some book drawings. Looking to possibly link up with a tutoring company.
- Revisit Tax Liens
- Learn about Salesforce
- Start analyzing how affiliate programs really work
- Instead of relying solely on Amazon to sell my book I’m thinking to sell the books on my website as well. Should I just control the book sales in the same corporation as my real estate in Michigan?
- Tell one person per day about The Brothers on Books Podcast
- I thank you for reading the post and if you liked it I hope you’ll subscribe to my email list. If you think someone may benefit from its information please pass it along. I want to help people and like interacting with people attacking this goal.
- If there are any topics you’d like me to research and report back on please let me know!
- If you want the excel workbook that I use to help me track just message me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m also happy to go through any calculations.
- Make Better Bets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0893K72LZ?pf_rd_r=34RMC5D4WCM4606VD3PE&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee
- 15 Weeks to Pass an Actuarial Exam: https://www.amazon.com/15-Weeks-Pass-Actuarial-Exam/dp/1734895632/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=jack+allweil&qid=1601417120&sr=8-2
- Journal: (Tape Name Here)’s Journal for (Tape Year Here): Reflect Towards an Intentional Life: Allweil, Jack: 9781734895643: Amazon.com: Books
The Brothers on Books Podcast is now on YouTube, to add to being on Apple and Google Podcasts: