Fall is officially here and the times are a changin’. I’ve started studying heavily for what hopes to be, and I know I’ve said this before, my last actuarial exam.
10-day BS Refresh
The Opening NW in the 9/30/2020 column is the closing NW from the 9/20/2020 column. The green numbers represent estimated changes to my net worth in those categories (green numbers in 9/30 column are the changes that I estimated on 9/20). The white “Gain from” rows show how the actual numbers turned out compared to my original estimate, ten days prior.
My spending seemed a bit out of control when I looked at my credit card statement. The YMCA started charging me again. WTF, I can’t even go into the gym! And I must have signed up for a free LinkedIn Premium membership to watch some video or something a couple months back to be surprised with a $60 fee for September. I will be cancelling that. I had to sign up for my exam this week so there goes $1100. This was also the first time since March I actually sold some Bitcoin. I sold about $1400 worth so that negative three thousand from currencies is mostly me taking Bitcoin out. I’ll finish this thought off with my property appreciation has seemed to bail me out once again.
I’m very excited to have almost paid off the Michigan properties! It’s been a quick take down. It’s satisfying knowing that if I had to pay off debt that I could methodically take it down.
Ideas for increasing NW
- I got some great ideas from the book Born to Blog (maybe I’ll even do a blog post on this)
- Start analyzing how affiliate programs really work.
- Didn’t reach out to 20 universities about my book, 15 Weeks to Pass an Actuarial Exam, the past ten days but did spread the word to multiple actuarial groups. I even arranged for a kid in Pakistan to get access to the contents.
- I thank you for reading the post and if you liked it I hope you’ll subscribe to my email list. If you think someone may benefit from its information please pass it along. I want to help people and like interacting with people attacking this goal.
- If there are any topics you’d like me to research and report back on please let me know!
- If you want the excel workbook that I use to help me track just message at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m also happy to go through any calculations. I don’t charge anything!
- Make Better Bets: https://www.amazon.com/Make-Better-Bets-Jack-Allweil/dp/1734895616/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=make+better+bets&qid=1590931460&sr=8-1
- 15 Weeks to Pass an Actuarial Exam: https://www.amazon.com/15-Weeks-Pass-Actuarial-Exam/dp/1734895632/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=jack+allweil&qid=1601417120&sr=8-2