I thought it would be nice to provide some visuals for your loans and mortgages and as a tool to help your decision making. This workbook can help answer some of the following questions, and many more:
- How much more interest would I pay on a 30 year mortgage vs a 15 year mortgage?
- What rate would I have to lock in to hit my target payment of $X/month?
- At what point is the amount going towards principal surpassing the amount going towards interest?
- Does it make sense to pay cash for my next car?
Please download the Excel file and watch the accompanying video to get an understanding of the workbook structure and features.
If you want a further deep dive on some of the topics discussed here are some links
- Goal seek function, used for backing out an input value that produces a desired result in a dependent variable
- Becoming Your Own Banker by R Nelson Nash
- Our discussion with Chris Naugle on the Infinite Banking Concept (IBC)