I had a wonderful time at FinCon, and I hope to be able to share a post this week with some other attendees’ reflections. It was a great feeling to be around people that were interested in improving, not just their own lives, but others’ lives. I learned so much and hope I can pass along some of these thoughts to you at some point in time. I realized that many of these posts may not be providing much value to you, and for this I think I’m going to lower the number of posts that show my net worth tracker, and instead help you get the tools needed to get your net worth on track. That being said this will be the last net worth check in for awhile.
10-day BS Refresh
While lately my net worth seems to have plateaued I do think it’s important to reflect on this exercise of tracking my net worth; It has paid incredible dividends. Through this exercise I realized I had the capacity to pay down my Michigan rentals, while I was studying for the actuarial exams, and furthermore wasn’t slowed down by COVID at all (3/20 circled below). It has afforded me the space to reflect on my decisions and get very intentional about where my dollars are going. Am I at a spot in life where I should pay down debt? Or maybe I should take out more debt to follow through on another money making proposition, like getting more real estate, which I did three months ago.
The Opening NW in the 9/30/2021 column is the closing NW from the 9/20/2021 column. The green numbers represent estimated changes to my net worth in those categories (green numbers in 9/30 column are the changes that I estimated on 9/20). The white “Gain from” rows show how the actual numbers turned out compared to my original estimates, ten days prior.
- I’ve made some money at my day job
- FinCon was amazing in both in terms of what I learned and the people I met!
- The Brothers on Books Podcast have posted the episode with Jacob Lund Fisker here
Ideas for increasing NW/Learning
- Revisit Tax Liens
- Start analyzing how affiliate programs really work
- Instead of relying solely on Amazon to sell my book I’m thinking to sell the books on my website as well.
- Tell one person per day about The Brothers on Books Podcast
- Rent car out on Turo
- I thank you for reading the post and if you liked it I hope you’ll subscribe to my email list. If you think someone may benefit from its information please pass it along. I want to help people and like interacting with people attacking this goal.
- If there are any topics you’d like me to research and report back on please let me know!
- If you want the excel workbook that I use to help me track just message me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m also happy to go through any calculations.
- Make Better Bets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0893K72LZ?pf_rd_r=34RMC5D4WCM4606VD3PE&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee
- 15 Weeks to Pass an Actuarial Exam: https://www.amazon.com/15-Weeks-Pass-Actuarial-Exam/dp/1734895632/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=jack+allweil&qid=1601417120&sr=8-2