Besides being a great Beatles song I am reminded recently that sometimes that when it seems like you’re getting beat down you might just be getting stronger, even though it hurts in the moment. When I get in these states of mind I think of the 10-10-10 thought experiment. That is how will you think of this in 10 minutes, 10 hours, and then 10 years (or something like that)? With that let’s get to these numbers!
10-day BS Refresh
The Opening NW in the 9/10/2021 column is the closing NW from the 8/31/2021 column. The green numbers represent estimated changes to my net worth in those categories (green numbers in 9/10 column are the changes that I estimated on 8/31). The white “Gain from” rows show how the actual numbers turned out compared to my original estimates, ten days prior. Unfortunately this ten days had me buying more Bitcoin, per usual, just to see it dip as it seemed like it was building momentum.
We’ve hit a big of a snag on some of these expenses and I anticipate them playing out over the next month. We just had to replace the piping going from the street to our house. We’re also going to need to pay some to get the roof repaired on one of the Michigan rentals… What a buzz kill. I am grateful that we’ve set aside money for these type of expenses.
- I’ve made some money at my day job
- Black Swan by Taleb was amazing and inspired me to read an options book, Follow the Smart Money, which has also been amazing. I’ll try to do another options post
- The Brothers on Books Podcast with Chris Naugle where we discuss the infinite banking concept
- Getting chance to walk through net worth spreadsheet with a person on Sunday!
Ideas for increasing NW/Learning
- Revisit Tax Liens
- Start analyzing how affiliate programs really work
- Instead of relying solely on Amazon to sell my book I’m thinking to sell the books on my website as well.
- Tell one person per day about The Brothers on Books Podcast
- Rent car out on Turo
- I thank you for reading the post and if you liked it I hope you’ll subscribe to my email list. If you think someone may benefit from its information please pass it along. I want to help people and like interacting with people attacking this goal.
- If there are any topics you’d like me to research and report back on please let me know!
- If you want the excel workbook that I use to help me track just message me at email@example.com. I’m also happy to go through any calculations.
- Make Better Bets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0893K72LZ?pf_rd_r=34RMC5D4WCM4606VD3PE&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee
- 15 Weeks to Pass an Actuarial Exam: https://www.amazon.com/15-Weeks-Pass-Actuarial-Exam/dp/1734895632/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=jack+allweil&qid=1601417120&sr=8-2