There is a likely chance that my wife and I will relocate due to returning to the office becoming a real thing. While I’m slightly scared I’m also somewhat curious and eager to see what’s next, and see this as an opportunity to get closer to financial independence and to experience something new. We can always come back if we really don’t like it but to allow that option, at a relatively good price, we’re trying to rent out all of the house and get a property manager for the meantime. More info to come on this but let’s get to the numbers! Bitcoin continues to ball out and show its resilience.
10-day BS Refresh
The Opening NW in the 8/10/2021 column is the closing NW from the 7/31/2021 column. The green numbers represent estimated changes to my net worth in those categories (green numbers in 8/10 column are the changes that I estimated on 7/31). The white “Gain from” rows show how the actual numbers turned out compared to my original estimates, ten days prior. Bitcoin has been outperforming my expectations by a lot recently. One thing that stuck out to me is that the gold/silver ratio continues to rise, since I’ve started keeping track (and historically this is high too). This could be once again a time to load up on silver:
- I’ve made some money at my day job
- Just finished Early Retirement Extreme (will post some outlines soon) and had our outline session with Jacob Lund Fisker for our upcoming Brothers on Books Podcast episode
- Released the Layered Money episode of The Brothers on Books Podcast
Ideas for increasing NW/Learning
- Revisit Tax Liens
- Start analyzing how affiliate programs really work
- Instead of relying solely on Amazon to sell my book I’m thinking to sell the books on my website as well.
- Tell one person per day about The Brothers on Books Podcast
- Rent car out on Turo
- I thank you for reading the post and if you liked it I hope you’ll subscribe to my email list. If you think someone may benefit from its information please pass it along. I want to help people and like interacting with people attacking this goal.
- If there are any topics you’d like me to research and report back on please let me know!
- If you want the excel workbook that I use to help me track just message me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m also happy to go through any calculations.
- Make Better Bets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0893K72LZ?pf_rd_r=34RMC5D4WCM4606VD3PE&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee
- 15 Weeks to Pass an Actuarial Exam: https://www.amazon.com/15-Weeks-Pass-Actuarial-Exam/dp/1734895632/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=jack+allweil&qid=1601417120&sr=8-2