I’ve started using one of my actuarial goal journals in a new endeavor. I’ll be using it for a real estate goal. My 15 week goal, that I started 18 days ago, is to make offers on 10 properties AND EACH offer having greater than or equal to $200/month in projected cashflow AND in 5 different areas. My last couple of days I’ve had mini goals of making connections in random areas and I’ve definitely made some connections. I’ve made calls to property managers in different cities in Utah, Idaho, Mississippi, Alabama, and Alaska so far. Obviously it’s tough to get a deal in this market but I will keep trying and being patient. Now that I’m a married man and the roommates are leaving I need to find a source to fill the missing revenue from the missing roommates. With that let’s see where the numbers are at.
10-day BS Refresh
The Opening NW in the 7/31/2021 column is the closing NW from the 7/20/2021 column. The green numbers represent estimated changes to my net worth in those categories (green numbers in 7/31 column are the changes that I estimated on 7/20). The white “Gain from” rows show how the actual numbers turned out compared to my original estimates, ten days prior. Bitcoin is popping up again really creating some ripples and it appears the Zillow Zestimates have been stagnating finally. Are we at the top for housing, finally?
- I’ve made some money at my day job
- I’ve given away four books to people interacting with me on LinkedIn and got 2 book sales out of the UK for 15 Weeks to Pass an Actuarial Exam (link below)
- About to finish The Wim Hof Method and about to reread Early Retirement Extreme
Ideas for increasing NW/Learning
- Revisit Tax Liens
- Start analyzing how affiliate programs really work
- Instead of relying solely on Amazon to sell my book I’m thinking to sell the books on my website as well.
- Tell one person per day about The Brothers on Books Podcast
- I thank you for reading the post and if you liked it I hope you’ll subscribe to my email list. If you think someone may benefit from its information please pass it along. I want to help people and like interacting with people attacking this goal.
- If there are any topics you’d like me to research and report back on please let me know!
- If you want the excel workbook that I use to help me track just message me at email@example.com. I’m also happy to go through any calculations.
- Make Better Bets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0893K72LZ?pf_rd_r=34RMC5D4WCM4606VD3PE&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee
- 15 Weeks to Pass an Actuarial Exam: https://www.amazon.com/15-Weeks-Pass-Actuarial-Exam/dp/1734895632/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=jack+allweil&qid=1601417120&sr=8-2