I realize I was slightly lost in what I’m searching for. I’ve been tracking net worth because I thought that was what would translate into cash flow but if I’m not actually putting my money to work and getting cash flowing assets then I’m missing the mark. I do think it’s important to increase net worth but at the end of the day the goal should be to have my cash coming in > cash going out. I won’t stop tracking my net worth but I’m going to figure a good way to track the acquisition of cash producing assets and showing the cashflow for a given month.
10-day BS Refresh
The Opening NW in the 7/20/2021 column is the closing NW from the 7/10/2021 column. The green numbers represent estimated changes to my net worth in those categories (green numbers in 7/20 column are the changes that I estimated on 7/10). The white “Gain from” rows show how the actual numbers turned out compared to my original estimates, ten days prior.
- I’ve made some money at my day job
- Three book sales in last four days (three different countries)
- Reading The Wim Hof Method
Ideas for increasing NW/Learning
- Revisit Tax Liens
- Start analyzing how affiliate programs really work
- Instead of relying solely on Amazon to sell my book I’m thinking to sell the books on my website as well.
- Tell one person per day about The Brothers on Books Podcast
- I thank you for reading the post and if you liked it I hope you’ll subscribe to my email list. If you think someone may benefit from its information please pass it along. I want to help people and like interacting with people attacking this goal.
- If there are any topics you’d like me to research and report back on please let me know!
- If you want the excel workbook that I use to help me track just message me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m also happy to go through any calculations.
- Make Better Bets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0893K72LZ?pf_rd_r=34RMC5D4WCM4606VD3PE&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee
- 15 Weeks to Pass an Actuarial Exam: https://www.amazon.com/15-Weeks-Pass-Actuarial-Exam/dp/1734895632/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=jack+allweil&qid=1601417120&sr=8-2
- Journal: (Tape Name Here)’s Journal for (Tape Year Here): Reflect Towards an Intentional Life: Allweil, Jack: 9781734895643: Amazon.com: Books
- The Brothers on Books Podcast where we discuss Man’s Search for Meaning: Man’s Search for Meaning – The Brothers on Books Podcast – YouTube