My wife and I are finally back in Charlotte. After an Atlanta weekend last weekend, where my brother and I were unfortunately bounced from the round of 16 in a pickleball tournament, we were back and staying put. While we were in Charlotte we actually ended up playing a lot of pickleball and walking long distances. We did test out an Ethiopian restaurant and a Korean restaurant. The immigration process was kicked off and I think that will be taking up some of our free time these next days. With that being said, and saying bye to a great weekend, let’s get to the numbers!
10-day BS Refresh
The Opening NW in the 5/31/2021 column is the closing NW from the 5/20/2021 column. The green numbers represent estimated changes to my net worth in those categories (green numbers in 5/31 column are the changes that I estimated on 5/20). The white “Gain from” rows show how the actual numbers turned out compared to my original estimates, ten days prior. We had a big credit card payment to handle the lawyers for the immigration services and Bitcoin went down.
- Got approved for financing on a seven unit rental property
- My brother and I met with Nik Bhatia for our podcast episode of Layered Money and we posted the Rich Dad Poor Dad episode (see link below)
- Posted a book give away on LinkedIn, trying to raise awareness of the actuarial goal journal
- Met with creator of Luci and might do some writing for them involving credit topics
Ideas for increasing NW/Learning
- Revisit Tax Liens
- Start analyzing how affiliate programs really work
- Instead of relying solely on Amazon to sell my book I’m thinking to sell the books on my website as well. Should I just control the book sales in the same corporation as my real estate in Michigan?
- Tell one person per day about The Brothers on Books Podcast
- I thank you for reading the post and if you liked it I hope you’ll subscribe to my email list. If you think someone may benefit from its information please pass it along. I want to help people and like interacting with people attacking this goal.
- If there are any topics you’d like me to research and report back on please let me know!
- If you want the excel workbook that I use to help me track just message me at email@example.com. I’m also happy to go through any calculations.
- Make Better Bets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0893K72LZ?pf_rd_r=34RMC5D4WCM4606VD3PE&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee
- 15 Weeks to Pass an Actuarial Exam: https://www.amazon.com/15-Weeks-Pass-Actuarial-Exam/dp/1734895632/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=jack+allweil&qid=1601417120&sr=8-2
- Journal: (Tape Name Here)’s Journal for (Tape Year Here): Reflect Towards an Intentional Life: Allweil, Jack: 9781734895643: Amazon.com: Books
Rich Dad Poor Dad Episode: Rich Dad Poor Dad – YouTube