I’m going on a month now in Michigan and it’s been great being home and seeing old friends. And despite it still being April I’ve dove into Lake Huron three times to shock the system. I’ve also been on the prowl for apartment complexes to buy.
Since I’ve literally taken the plunge I think I’m now mentally ready to step it up and take the plunge on commercial properties. It’d be fun to increase the value of places through targeted projects to increase net operating income. I’ve put in two offers since I’ve been home. One got sold for way more than I’d be willing to pay and the other the counter was pretty high but not so overly high that I’ve kicked my chances to the curb. Time will tell.
10-day BS Refresh
I’ve been spoiled the last weeks as I’m now actively upset to see my numbers go down. Losses hurt more than wins, as the studies have shown…
The Opening NW in the 4/20/2021 column is the closing NW from the 4/10/2021 column. The green numbers represent estimated changes to my net worth in those categories (green numbers in 4/20 column are the changes that I estimated on 4/10). The white “Gain from” rows show how the actual numbers turned out compared to my original estimates, ten days prior.
The house values back tracked a bit but not quite as much as I expected. I also received more than expected in MI rents and passed 2k into more Bitcoin on the drop that almost got down to 50k (purchased around 54k).
- I looked at the 11 unit apartment complex and put in an offer but the counter was quite high I thought. I’m scheduled to look at more 6 and 7 units on Wednesday! Hopefully we get something soon.
- I started the process to update the cover for Make Better Bets
Ideas for increasing NW/Learning
- Look for promotions for my books. Examples would be doing some book drawings. Looking to possibly link up with a tutoring company.
- Revisit Tax Liens
- Learn about Salesforce
- Start analyzing how affiliate programs really work
- Instead of relying solely on Amazon to sell my book I’m thinking to sell the books on my website as well. Should I just control the book sales in the same corporation as my real estate in Michigan?
- Tell one person per day about The Brothers on Books Podcast
- I thank you for reading the post and if you liked it I hope you’ll subscribe to my email list. If you think someone may benefit from its information please pass it along. I want to help people and like interacting with people attacking this goal.
- If there are any topics you’d like me to research and report back on please let me know!
- If you want the excel workbook that I use to help me track just message me at email@example.com. I’m also happy to go through any calculations.
- Make Better Bets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0893K72LZ?pf_rd_r=34RMC5D4WCM4606VD3PE&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee
- 15 Weeks to Pass an Actuarial Exam: https://www.amazon.com/15-Weeks-Pass-Actuarial-Exam/dp/1734895632/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=jack+allweil&qid=1601417120&sr=8-2
- Journal: (Tape Name Here)’s Journal for (Tape Year Here): Reflect Towards an Intentional Life: Allweil, Jack: 9781734895643: Amazon.com: Books