I was looking at my net worth charts this week and I was kind of just torn at what emotion I should be feeling: Excited, scared, disappointed. Since I started recording this information, about a year ago, my net worth in US dollars has never been higher but simultaneously my net worth in Bitcoin has never been lower. Now granted if one were to measure their net worth in the best performing asset, and if they weren’t 100% invested in that asset, their net worth, in terms of that best performing asset, would go down. Bitcoin continues to be an interesting ride to be on for sure.
Let’s cut to the financials.
10-day BS Refresh
The Opening NW in the 11/20/2020 column is the closing NW from the 11/10/2020 column. The green numbers represent estimated changes to my net worth in those categories (green numbers in 11/20 column are the changes that I estimated on 11/10). The white “Gain from” rows show how the actual numbers turned out compared to my original estimates, ten days prior. While I did receive my MI rental checks, and I know I sold some Bitcoin earlier this month, I put some more cash into Bitcoin.
I need to pay off my credit card, balance of about 1000 right now, and will convert more US dollars into Bitcoin.
Ideas for increasing NW
- Start analyzing how affiliate programs really work.
- After my UNC-Charlotte presentation last week I’m now scheduled to give a presentation to the International Association of Black Actuaries (IABA) on Dec 2nd. It will be targeted to students sitting for exams P and FM (Probability and Financial Mathematics) in the upcoming months. I will try to post a link to that presentation.
- I’ve had a friend ask me multiple times now to write macros for her. I was able to help her again last night and maybe should keep this idea open for as a way to help people and make some good money.
- I’m now working on a couple more journal ideas to sell. If you haven’t noticed I’m a big fan of journaling.
- Seriously considering taking out my liquid trading account to put all into Bitcoin. More analysis to come.
- I thank you for reading the post and if you liked it I hope you’ll subscribe to my email list. If you think someone may benefit from its information please pass it along. I want to help people and like interacting with people attacking this goal.
- If there are any topics you’d like me to research and report back on please let me know!
- If you want the excel workbook that I use to help me track just message me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m also happy to go through any calculations. I don’t charge anything!
- Make Better Bets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0893K72LZ?pf_rd_r=34RMC5D4WCM4606VD3PE&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee
- 15 Weeks to Pass an Actuarial Exam: https://www.amazon.com/15-Weeks-Pass-Actuarial-Exam/dp/1734895632/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=jack+allweil&qid=1601417120&sr=8-2