It’s weird be able to wake up when I want and not live by the clock (there’s a great history of the clock in The Freedom Manifesto if you are so inclined to read). The weirder thing is I’ve been waking up earlier than ever. Now that I’m not working a traditional job and I don’t have to study I’m going through a decompression of sorts. I could feel the stress working its way into my muscles and, now that I have a breather, it’ll take awhile for all of that to release. I’ve been working out hard, eating well, and taking naps when my body feels tired, but at the same time feel very energized each day to get going.
I’ve never been great at listening to my body and often have tried to push through things, forcing myself to play through injuries in soccer and study when I’m dog tired. I’m trying to get better at this and will try to be as nice to myself as I’ve been on others.
That being said I felt awake at 3 am this morning so I got up, walked around, and did pull ups, before Starbucks opened at 5:30. I’ll work hard while others sleep and likely take an early afternoon nap to recharge, before watching some entertaining soccer.
I have been getting many responses for the open room, even though upping the rate by $75/month and making it a minimum mandatory year lease, and have sent out some background and credit checks. I will hopefully have pen to paper within the next couple of days and that will be one big thing I can cross off my to-do list.
Let’s get to the finances.
10-day BS Refresh
The Opening NW in the 11/10/2020 column is the closing NW from the 10/31/2020 column. The green numbers represent estimated changes to my net worth in those categories (green numbers in 11/10 column are the changes that I estimated on 10/31). The white “Gain from” rows show how the actual numbers turned out compared to my original estimates, ten days prior. I haven’t received my Michigan rental checks, about $2,300, but word is they’re in the mail. That explains virtually all of the (2,377) you’re seeing in the “Gain from Cash” row. If not for that missed cash I would have, for the first time, sniffed that half a million dollar mark. Soon, it’ll come soon.
My stock holdings have been ridiculously volatile. From a planning perspective I really wonder if I’d be better off rotating out of stocks even more than I already have. The thing about paying down debt is that it’s a locked in rate. From a planning perspective that is attractive. I am inclined at a minimum not to put more into stocks right now. I’ll devote most capital towards generating more streams of income through books and real estate and gaining more skills.
The next ten days I expect to get my Michigan rental checks, other than that nothing too crazy.
Ideas for increasing NW
- Start analyzing how affiliate programs really work.
- I’m scheduled to give a presentation to the actuarial students at UNC-Charlotte Thursday, November 12th. I will try to post a link to that presentation. I’ve been having a tough time creating the message I want to convey to the students.
- I thank you for reading the post and if you liked it I hope you’ll subscribe to my email list. If you think someone may benefit from its information please pass it along. I want to help people and like interacting with people attacking this goal.
- If there are any topics you’d like me to research and report back on please let me know!
- If you want the excel workbook that I use to help me track just message me at email@example.com. I’m also happy to go through any calculations. I don’t charge anything!
- Make Better Bets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0893K72LZ?pf_rd_r=34RMC5D4WCM4606VD3PE&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee
- 15 Weeks to Pass an Actuarial Exam: https://www.amazon.com/15-Weeks-Pass-Actuarial-Exam/dp/1734895632/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=jack+allweil&qid=1601417120&sr=8-2