We just did our second recording of The Brothers on Books Podcast. We covered Robert Greene and 50 Cent’s book, “The 50th Law.” It talks a lot about being nibble and flexible, like water. Water is formless and can maneuver around all types of terrain, and at the same time ware down huge “powerful” rocks. We’re trying to do this in life! If you’d like to hear the raw audio we’d love to share and get any feedback, just let me know.
I’ve continued to shop my “15 Weeks to Pass an Actuarial Exam” around to actuarial programs around the country. I’ve contacted about 30 so far and I have had some responses. Most notably though, thanks in part to a friend putting in a good word to the coordinator, I will be giving a virtual presentation to many of the incoming actuarial students at UNC-Charlotte. I’m quite excited and will unfortunately have to wait to September or October. I don’t quite know whether it’ll be more of a round table discussion or me creating some sort of presentation.
Let’s hit the finances!
10-day BS Refresh
At least both aren’t going down…
The Opening NW in the 8/20/2020 column is the closing NW from the 8/10/2020 column. The green numbers represent estimated changes to my net worth in those categories (green numbers in 8/20 column are the changes that I estimated on 8/10). The white “Gain from” rows show how the actual numbers turned out compared to my original estimate, ten days prior. I am spending too much money… Need to create more things! Fun fact the word authority comes from the latin word autore, which means to create. I learned this from The 50th Law.
I’m just expecting to pick up a paycheck over the next ten days. Over the next few weeks I’ll definitely to have think about the upcoming bills to get one of my Michigan properties turned over and ready for a new tenant. That, however, will be reflected at the start of next month when I get my property manager’s bill.
Ideas for increasing NW
- Get more traffic to websites. I just bought a book called Born to Blog. We’ll see if I get any nuggets from it.
- Reach out to at least 20 universities over the next ten days about the new book. The last ten days I did reach this small mini goal.
- I thank you for reading the post and if you liked it I hope you’ll subscribe to my email list. If you think someone may benefit from its information please pass it along. I want to help people and like interacting with people attacking this goal.
- If you want the excel workbook that I use to help me track just message at email@example.com. I’m also happy to go through any calculations.
- Make Better Bets: https://www.amazon.com/Make-Better-Bets-Jack-Allweil/dp/1734895616/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=make+better+bets&qid=1590931460&sr=8-1