Hopefully my last actuarial exam will be this week, and I can close a ten year saga. I am eager and excited to start the next phase of my life.
I hope people are taking advantage of all of this time that we’ve been given. Get new skills and network. One needs to drill the well before one gets thirsty.
10-day BS Refresh
The Opening NW in the 7/10/2020 column is the closing NW from the 6/30/2020 column. The green numbers represent estimated changes to my networth in those categories. For example I was expecting to pay down $5,521 in principal, on my home mortgages and my credit card. The white “Gain from” rows show how the actual numbers turned out compared to my original estimate, ten days prior. My stocks went up a lot. It really makes you wonder how people can still say they don’t see inflation…
7/10/2020 I ended with a NW of $354,232. Other than planning to buy more Bitcoin it should be a quiet next ten days.
Ideas for increasing NW
- Get more traffic to websites. I just bought a book called Born to Blog. We’ll see if I get any nuggets from it.
- Spend some time taking Make Better Bet books around to the “leave-a-book-take-a-book” spots.
- Start analyzing how affiliate programs really work. Right now the only things I would consider are books that I really found valuable. But keep an open mind.
- My brother brought up tax liens. I read a book about three years ago on this topic and was super excited but I took no action. Hopefully that will change after my exam.
- I’ve started listening to The Investors Podcast (TIP) from the beginning to get back to the basics and reinforce some concepts. Keep listening.
- Pass exam. I had an epiphany that one’s abilities are really the best inflation hedge.
- If you want the excel workbook that I use to help me track just message at email@example.com. I’m also happy to go through any calculations.
- Make Better Bets: https://www.amazon.com/Make-Better-Bets-Jack-Allweil/dp/1734895616/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=make+better+bets&qid=1590931460&sr=8-1