Last ten days were fun. I’ve been working half days at work and studying a lot. I took advantage of the remote work situation and went to Nashville to visit my brother; While he was working in his lab I was working and studying. He’s been working on a chord wood sauna in his backyard, and I helped a bit. Take a look at the progress:
Your Money or Your Life has been good but I’m not finished yet. More to come. Let’s get to the update.
10-day BS Refresh
I’m also going, from time to time, show my networth in terms of number of gold ounces and number of Bitcoins. I’m afraid of my purchasing power diminishing and want to track these closely, they definitely haven’t been growing at the same percentage as my networth:
The Opening NW in the 6/20/2020 column is the closing NW from the 6/10/2020 column. The green numbers represent estimates that I was projecting ten days prior to its stated column date. Ten days ago I was thinking my net worth would be $346,714 but today it’s $341,904. The stock market dropped a good bit compared to my projection. One of my rentals had a tree fall on the electric line causing a $650 repair fee, almost explaining the whole $752 below expectation.
6/20/2020 I ended with a NW of $341,904. I will be collecting a paycheck in the next ten days. I’m just trying to ignore the stock market each day because of all the unease it can cause (buckle up).
Ideas for increasing NW
- Get more traffic to websites
- Spend some time taking Make Better Bet books around to the “leave-a-book-take-a-book” spots. My royalties so far, past thirty days, are pictured below.
- Start analyzing how affiliate programs really work. Right now the only things I would consider are books that I really found valuable. But keep an open mind.
- My brother brought up tax liens. I read a book about three years ago on this topic and was super excited but I took no action. Hopefully that will change after my exam.
- If you want the excel workbook that I use to help me track just message at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m also happy to go through any calculations.
- Make Better Bets: https://www.amazon.com/Make-Better-Bets-Jack-Allweil/dp/1734895616/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=make+better+bets&qid=1590931460&sr=8-1